Murder of History
I have written in for Posterity. In a hundred years’ time when the future historian sets out to contemplate the Pakistan of an age gone by and look for the causes that brought it low, he might find in this book of mine one small candle whose quivering flame will light his path.
K.K.Aziz, in Preface to his book ‘The Murder of History’
In the last 64 years, a lot of wrong Information has been passed on as “facts” by our textbooks and Media. In this article, I have mentioned some of the most popular myths about Pakistan History and tried to debunk them using authentic sources. I should admit that this is a beginner’s effort, I don’t claim to possess absolute knowledge nor do I claim that whatever I have mentioned is absolutely true. My basic aim is to provide an alternate discourse on the below-mentioned issues.
1. The 1857 War of Independence was in fact a mutiny
2. Sir Syed Ahmed Khan was the Pioneer of two nation theory.
3.Mohammad Ali Jinah was never arrestd in his life.
4. Allama Iqbal was the first person to present an idea of an Independent Muslim state.
5. The establishment of Pakistan as envisaged by 1940 resolution was favored by all the muslim leaders.
6. Pakistan was made in the name of Islam.
7. Mujahidin had gone to conquer Kashmir in 1948.
8. The wars between India and Pakistan(1948, 1965, 1971,1999) were a Jihad.
10. Sheikh Mujib ur Rehman and his Awami league wanted to break the country.